Purpose of Astellas’ social contribution activities
Astellas seeks to make a social contribution to enhance the sustainability of society and as a result, to enhance Astellas’ sustainability.
We do this not only by providing innovative products but also by creating an environment which connects patients and medical care. By making a social contribution as a pharmaceutical company, we earn the trust of society and our stakeholders which consequently builds Astellas' sustainability.
Priority Areas of Astellas Domestic Social Contribution Activities
Astellas conducts a variety of activities to support to patients fighting illnesses and to their family members on a global basis. We will prioritize areas of social issues in Japan relevant to our business highly and our strengths are utilized.
As for the detail of our initiatives categorized in these three areas, please click the links below.
1. 1st Priority : Addressing Access to Health issues ～support for patients and their family members～
- Starlight Partners Activities (Support to Patients Association in Japan)
- Delivering Medical Information
- Support to disease awareness activities
- Support to prostate cancer patients
- Product donations
2. 2nd Priority : Advancement of Medical Sciences ～support to medical professional～
- Astellas Academic support activities
- Astellas Foundation for Research on Metabolic Disorders
3. 3rd Priority : Philanthropy/Community Development ～Participate in volunteer activities to solve local health problems～
- Group-Wide Volunteer Activities Changing Tomorrow Day
- Donation support by Flying Star Fund
- Donate high-standard ambulances
- Emergency disaster relief
- CSR activities at each office