Communications with Our Stakeholders
Astellas conducts business activities within a diverse network of relationships, including with patients and many others, and our activities are supported by these relationships. We regard stakeholders such as patients and healthcare professionals, employees, and shareholders and investors as particularly important stakeholders because they are significantly impacted by our business activities.
Interacting with these stakeholders who support the business activities of Astellas in good faith, and understanding their expectations and needs, is essential to acquiring their trust and sustainably increasing our enterprise value.
We therefore use various opportunities to communicate with stakeholders. In addition, to
promote constructive dialogue with our stakeholders, we appropriately disclose information to all groups in a way that is both timely and impartial.
By continuing to conduct communication through disclosure and engagement, we will further
raise our transparency as a company and strive to sustainably increase the enterprise value of Astellas while simultaneously raising the overall sustainability of society.
Astellas Group's Stakeholders
|Major opportunities for communication
- Provide pharmaceutical information services through sales representatives and other channels
- Respond to inquiries through the Medical Information Center
- Provide clinical trial information to patients and healthcare professionals
- Coordinate events and provide training to patient support groups
- Hold town-hall style meetings with senior management, organize meetings for appraisal/career development and continue open dialogue with labor union
- Provide information through internal publications and intranet
- Provide advice through helplines/hotlines
|Shareholders and Investors
- Hold general shareholders' meeting and mid-term plan/R&D information sharing meetings
- Respond to surveys and inquiries from rating agencies
- Invite open dialogue throughout transaction process
- Conduct surveys with new suppliers based on CSR Procurement Guiding Principles
- Insure timely engagement with regulatory authorities
- Participate in economic organizations, industry organizations and external initiatives
- Collaborate through initiatives to improve "Access to Health" in developing countries
- Collaborate through joint R&D activities
- Hold and participate in professional and academic conferences
- Promote employee volunteer activities (Changing Tomorrow Day)
- Hold public town hall meetings