The Company’s raison d'être is to contribute to improving the health of people around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products. The Company aims to sustainably enhance corporate value by being chosen and trusted by all stakeholders. With this business philosophy, we work to ensure and strengthen the effectiveness of corporate governance from the following perspectives:
- Ensuring transparency, appropriateness and agility of management; and
- Fulfillment of our fiduciary duties and accountability to shareholders and appropriate collaboration with all stakeholders.
The Company has established the Corporate Governance Guidelines which clarifies the basic views and guidelines that must be followed in order for the Company to ensure and strengthen the effectiveness of corporate governance. The Corporate Governance Guidelines is posted on the following Company’s website.
Summary of the corporate governance systems
The summary of the corporate governance systems is as follows:
- The Company adopts the organizational structure of “Company with Audit & Supervisory Committee”. The Board of Directors and the Audit & Supervisory Committee each have a majority of outside Directors.
- The Board of Directors makes decision of corporate management policies and corporate strategies, etc. and serves the oversight function of the execution of business. As organs for handling execution of business, the Company establishes the Executive Committee for discussing important matters, and also appoints Executive Officers who are responsible for their respective assigned departments or functions. The responsibility and authority for the execution of business of the Executive Committee, the President and CEO and the Executive Officers are clearly stipulated in the Corporate Decision Authority Policy.
- As advisory bodies to the Board of Directors, the Company establishes the Nomination Committee and the Compensation Committee, each of which are composed of a majority of outside Directors.