Astellas is a pharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the health of people around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products. Astellas sponsors clinical trials at key medical centers around the world. For more information, please review our Global Policy on Disclosure of Clinical Trial Data.
To learn more about clinical trials in general, visit these helpful Web sites:
To learn more about select clinical trials for which Astellas is seeking participants, visit:
Additionally, if you are interested in viewing the results of an Astellas clinical trial, visit Astellas Clinical Trials Results. Only Astellas completed studies will be displayed. You will need to provide details to access the results, such as therapeutic area, compound name and medical indication or disease.
Astellas’ Commitment to PhRMA Principles on Conduct of Clinical Trials and Communication of Clinical Trial Results
Astellas strives to provide innovative, lifesaving treatments to all communities, including underserved and under-represented populations. As part of our broad commitment to advancing health equity, we are working to ensure our clinical trials represent the patient populations who are intended to use our medicines.
Consistent with these values – and recognizing that increasing diversity in clinical trials is critical to improving health equity – Astellas supports the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America’s (PhRMA) principles on enhancing diversity in clinical trial participation, part of the industry’s overarching Principles on Conduct of Clinical Trials and Communications of Clinical Trial Results.
The PhRMA diversity in clinical trial principles outline a series of commitments for participating biopharmaceutical companies, including:
• Enhancing education throughout the medical community
• Increasing clinical trial awareness and diversity by improving individual health literacy and community outreach
• Adopting enrollment practices that enhance inclusiveness and make trial participation less burdensome for participants
• Considering the needs of diverse populations in clinical trial design
• Broadening eligibility criteria to increase diversity in enrollment when scientifically and clinically appropriate
• Using real-world data to enhance information on diverse populations
Astellas will establish additional processes and procedures that align with the PhRMA diversity in clinical trial principles. Our underlying goal is for our clinical trials to reflect the unique patient populations who may benefit from the medicines we develop.