TOKYO, April 11, 2023 – Astellas Pharma Inc. (TSE: 4503, President and CEO: Naoki Okamura, “Astellas”) today announced that it expects to book an impairment loss of approximately ¥58.0 billion as other expenses in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2022. Consequently, the financial forecast for fiscal year 2022 announced on February 6, 2023, has been revised as follows.
(1) Booking and details of impairment loss on intangible assets
- As a result of a review of plans for EVRENZO® for the treatment of anemia of chronic kidney disease sold in Japan and Europe, considering the sales situation in each country, Astellas will book an impairment loss of intangible assets of approximately ¥45.0 billion related to EVRENZO®.
- It has decided to terminate the development of FX-322 for the treatment of sensorineural hearing loss. As a result of this termination, Astellas will book an impairment loss of intangible assets of ¥8.6 billion related to FX-322.
- It has decided to terminate the agreement to co-develop and co-commercialize stem-cell derived allogeneic T-Cell therapies with Adaptimmune Therapeutics plc. As a result of this termination, Astellas will book an impairment loss of the intangible assets of ¥4.7 billion related to this agreement.
(2) Revision of financial forecasts
Astellas' consolidated financial forecasts for the fiscal year ending March 31,2023 have been revised due to booking of an impairment loss on intangible assets as discussed above. There are no changes to the consolidate financial forecasts for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2023 (core basis) and dividend forecast.
(Millions of yen)
|Revenue||Operating profit||Profit before tax||Profit for the year||Profit attributable to owners of the parent||Basic earnings per share（yen）|
Actual fiscal year 2021
Click below for a copy of the full press release