In order to realize Astellas' VISION of "on the forefront of healthcare change to turn innovative science into VALUE for patients,” we recognize that we can take different approaches from treatment with prescription drugs (Rx) by leveraging the strengths we’ve acquired through Rx development. Based on this concept, Astellas launched a new initiative called Rx+® business.
Rx+® business is defined as a business that leverages the expertise and knowledge of Astellas, which have been cultivated through its Rx business, integrates innovative medical technology with cutting-edge technology in different fields, contributes to patients through Patient Journey (overall medical care, including diagnostic, preventive, therapeutic and prognostic care) and create new revenue streams separate from our core Rx products. This is the innovative value we are aiming to provide through the Rx+® initiative.
“A world where people can live mentally and physically healthy lives and be true to themselves through healthcare solutions based on scientific evidence”― This is the world for which we aim in "Rx+ Story™," a strategic direction for the creation of Rx+® businesses that will allow us to realize the following three value propositions:
- Prevent disease onset and slow progression by using personal data
- Expand options for people with limited access to current therapeutics
- Support active living by enhancing physical and sensory function
To make Rx+ Story™ a reality, we have established the following six areas, which we call "Spheres.” We are actively developing new businesses in these Spheres:
(1) Chronic Disease Progression Prevention; (2) Motor Function Support/Replacement; (3) Digital × Neuroscience; (4) Patient w/o Effective Medicines; (5) Patient Outcome Maximization via Precise Surgery/Diagnosis; and (6) Sensory Function Support/Replacement.
- Chronic Disease Progression Prevention
- Motor Function Support/Replacement
- Digital × Neuroscience
- Patient w/o Effective Medicines
- Patient Outcome Maximization via Precise Surgery/Diagnosis
- Sensory Function Support/Replacement