Astellas is committed to providing ongoing high-quality medical education opportunities that help ensure appropriate clinical use of our products, fulfill educational needs/gaps and, ultimately, improve patient care.
Our culture is rooted in openness and integrity, and we continuously work to be a trusted leader in the ever-changing healthcare environment. As of October 5, 2020, in step with the evolving global landscape, Astellas will no longer provide educational funding directly to individual healthcare professionals (HCPs) to attend congresses and conferences, including virtual attendance. Our consistent approach around the world is critical to our global reputation and the trust we share with healthcare professionals, the patients they serve, and the broader healthcare community.
We recognize the importance of healthcare professionals accessing timely educational information to improve care for patients, and we remain committed to providing ongoing high-quality medical education opportunities that help ensure the appropriate clinical use of our existing medications and new medical innovations, fulfil educational needs/gaps and, ultimately, improve patient care. Moving forward, Astellas will refocus resources on other educational activities we believe better reflect Astellas’ commitment to the global healthcare community and meet the changing needs of healthcare professionals and the patients they serve.
Astellas will continue to (provide funding to) share new scientific data and disease information in a variety of formats that support the critical role of healthcare professionals in improving patient care, including:
- Grants for Education, also known as Independent Medical Education (IME), click here
- Symposia, webinars, e-learnings and web-based education (disease, treatment or product focused); examples include satellite symposia during a congress, speaker programs and product theatres;
- Congress summaries;
- Sponsorship of educational conferences;
- Grants for Education also known as Independent Medical Education (IME);
- Grants to healthcare organizations (HCOs) to support healthcare professional congress attendance.